WHEN A TEAM WITHDRAWS PRIOR TO AN EVENT
Southwest Showcases understands that unforeseen circumstances, especially injuries, roster defections, player availability, etc. can occur over the course of a season. Teams should also plan for the unexpected and understand that the scheduling process starts weeks and sometimes months before an event is scheduled to take place. Due to obligations and cancellation fees associated with field rentals, the production company and more, this refund policy is written to ensure we can cover these expenses:
- A full refund shall be given if a team withdraws by the 30th day prior to the event.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws within 30 days before the start of the event regardless whether or not a replacement team is found. When this occurs it is still the team’s obligation to notify the tournament director that they will not be participating.
REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS OR SHORTENING OF AN EVENT
While Southwest Showcases and our Host Partners will make every attempt to play each event, weather and other unforeseen circumstances may prevent an event from being completed or in some cases, even starting. A game is considered started once a pitch is thrown. In those cases:
- An 80% refund will be given to teams that do not start any game in an event due to unforeseen circumstances.
- A 50% refund will be given to teams starting less than 3 of its scheduled games.
- No refund will be given to teams starting 3 or more of its scheduled games.
Southwest Showcases reserves the right to alter, change, or abbreviate the games and schedule when necessary to complete the event.